Monday, November 9, 2009

I may have been a clogger, but I'm no blogger...

Cheesiest title ever. And, it took guts to remind us all of my clogging days...let's put it all behind us. So, in an effort to stay more connected to the fam, I am going to post my first blog post thingy ever...I suppose yesterday made for a small noteworthy event. Paul's birthday is the 10th of Nov and yesterday his mom wanted to have a BBQ with some of his friends in celebration. To liven things up a bit I found a Transformer Pinata (if you have ever met Paul you will know why a Transformers Pinata would be exciting). When the store attendant asked me if it was for my child's birthday I said "no, my husband" (who, lets be honest, is pretty much a man child most of the time) the store clerk thought I was the coolest wife ever. Then again he started talking about how how cool it would be to go to a party where you get 'wasted' and then start bashing a pinata...and that's the point where I smiled and walked away (quickly). Day light savings is really a bummer in the Winter and really doesn't make sense to do in Texas where it is warm and muggy throughout most of the winter. People came over around 6pm and it was already dark! We hit the pinata with by the light of my car headlights. Paul's mom tried to make a transformer cake with a cake pan in the shape of Opitmus Prime's head but she had a frosting fiasco and so she put the cardboard cut out that came with the pan on top of the cake. Classy. We had burgers and chips and good times all around. Very low key. Sorry we didn't have any Hofheins Representaiton! Miss you all!

No comments: